Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-15-2021, 01:12 PM   #14
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Well...I wouldn't mind if the cheaters were driven out of it.
There's nothing to complain about yet because nothing has been done, but this wouldn't be the first time regulators screwed up.

I'm talking about innocent owners, assistant trainers, and grooms (and even trainers if they have an employee that did something) taking on risks they may not be aware of because they don't know someone is cheating. Not every cheat is using "whatever" all the time and winning 30% of his starts. A smart cheater would pick his spots and stay under the radar, even to his high level employees and owners. If I was a trainer with bad intentions, I'd pick a handful of races every year and disguise any move up really well.

I'm also talking about the cost of compliance to make sure there's no way you can get an accidental positive that would cause trouble for a lot of people because of an honest error.

Owners get into this game because they want to have fun and have the potential for some upside luck. They have enough headaches from their jobs. They don't need more. This has to be done well.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 11-15-2021 at 01:17 PM.
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)