Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-13-2020, 02:43 PM   #177
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Phantom View Post
TLG: Do you predict a drop in win% by some other high percentage guys across the country based on the events of this week? Obviously, these trainers aren't the only ones in the country doing this very thing. I'd think other trainers who are doing this have to be concerned and change their behavior, even if in the short term. Do you believe that will happen and, if so, doesn't that give us horseplayers a window of opportunity to exploit that at the windows?
I think people often focus on just win percentage ( for instance, Chad Brown has a high win percentage, and while I realize the irresponsible lunatics like to call him a cheater, given he pretty much never has explosions out of the blue, or great numbers off trainer switches, it doesn't make sense to the rational thinkers among us ) too much. It's more about explosions, big improvements off claim, and somewhat erratic form. It's hard to know, and I am not going to name names here who I suspect, but I will keep an eye on how their horses run, and whether they run at all. Like a lot of people, I wonder if there are more to come, just as like them I have no inside information.

I hope this is the start of cleaning the game up and getting rid of the people that are effectively ruining this game. Only time will tell, but I think it's fair to say it's a good start. I don't play much where Navarro races, but Jason Servis's act has been infuriating me for a LONG time. It would be nice to be able to handicap with at least a minimum of suspicion.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)