Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 10:27 PM   #206
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
I distinctly remember PA being very general in his criticism about the vitriol being spewed by posters. He was definitely not just leaning on the lefties; he was leaning on BOTH sides. Your "whining" criticism of PA is inaccurate and/or misunderstood.

However, PA was leaning on (depending on) Thaskalos to help keep the peace, as I saw it. Unfortunately, as it turned out, Thaskalos' left-leaning beliefs made it impossible for him to become neutral...not hard to understand. I think he realized that, too, and thus, resigned.

I also saw that Ely brazenly defied authority, when he was asked not to do something and got smart about it. His political leanings, political points of view, and how he expressed his political opinions were irrelevant to the decision to ban him, in my view.

In a few sentences, Ely went 'Acosta' and like Acosta, paid the price. I guess, like Acosta, he could always appeal the decision; however, in the private sector, one has limited recourse and rightfully so!
When PA initially asked me to help moderate the off-topics...it was explicitly stated that the objective would be to reduce the excessive insulting and belittling of one-another here. "Keeping the peace" here isn't a reasonable objective...nor has it ever been. The best we could hope for here is to keep our heated conversations from turning into outright hatred for one-another...which is something that I have spoken out against time and again here. It was also explicitly stated, by PA himself, that we would still be able to openly criticize all public figures here...including the U.S. president. Only to each other were we supposed to be "kinder".

But the heated criticism levied against Mr Trump obviously got a little too hot for PA-Mike to handle...because he subsequently came out with that other thread...where he threatened to permanently ban "any poster who pissed him off". "Respect your country! Respect your President!"...PA-Mike demanded; a rather odd request, I thought...because he never made such a stern demand when some of the most prominent posters here were calling Obama a "Muslim-loving Kenyan piece of Krap", and his wife an "ugly, fat cow"...during Obama's presidency.

To close...I never issued any red cards during my tenure as a moderator here...nor did I feel that there was ever a need for me to do so. IMO...there is nothing wrong with heatedly arguing with one-another here...nor do I see anything wrong with heaving the occasional insult at our political leaders. Disrespecting a politician is MILES away from "disrespecting our country", IMO. In fact...the right to verbally crucify our political leaders whenever we feel it warranted is exactly what a "democracy" is all about...as far as I am concerned. But, as always...you are all welcomed to disagree with me on this...or anything else.

Last edited by thaskalos; 11-21-2018 at 10:35 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)