Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Louisiana Derby
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 06:17 PM   #3
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado View Post
This race does seemingly lack star power this year but LA Derby horses do have a knack of hitting the Kentucky Derby exotics, occasionally at long odds.

Bravazo - Gets a hall of fame rider and third start from mild layoff. Has the Buckpasser-x. No shortage of dosage points but nothing on the solid or professional. Contender.

Noble Indy - Brisnet figures have been steady through first three starts. JV a solid rider but likely needs to step up to win here. Comes from female family 1 which has had some good success at distance.

Marmello - Why? Would need at 20 point Brisnet bump to contend here. Potential scratch.

Givemeaminit - Dallas Stewart special gets the services of Castellano. Mr. P on top and female family 1 but would need a solid step up to contend for the top prize. He's had 8 starts to figure it out.

Retirement Fund - I'm willing to draw a line through last out in the mud. Female family 17b is the same as Gun Runner. This family has produced some stellar horses. Willing to give this one a look i the post parade. Hot rider as of late. Longshot potential, at least to hit the board.

Hyndford - Another Mr. P and this one has 2 solid dosage points. Can probably run a long distance but speed is the question. Jersey Joe in the saddle knows how to work an 8-1 type horse into the winner's circle. I always respect a lightly raced TAP horse.

Snapper Sinclair - Mr. P but with a 9.00 dosage. Not too many of those win 9F races. I've always felt Carson City/City Zip horses were best at sprints to short routes. Tough to dump from the gimmicks but perhaps one of the "favorites" I use less.

Lone Sailor - This guy has Countess Wanda in tail female. That's a nice conduit mare if you ascribe to that theory. Another Kentucky JC horse. No shortage of form out of that race but this one would need to add about 15 points to Brisnet figure to content for win. Possible bomber on bottom of gimmicks.

My Boy Jack - The 9 hole won't hamper this closer. The long stretch is well suited for his style provided he doesn't sit too far back. Win contender and one I feel is must use in the exotics. I do think 9F is his limit however.

Dark Templar - Well, he does get Geroux. Other than that, this horse looks over-matched. The 10 hole doesn't help given his style.

Early thoughts are to take the /
When you say Retirement Fund traces back to family 17b-what does that mean? Don't 90% of all race horses trace to Phalaris w/all the other lines dying out? When I look at Lone Sailor, the bottom of the pedigree is the same old MR P/ Northern Dancer cross-like almost every horse

Last edited by Afleet; 03-20-2018 at 06:22 PM. Reason: addition
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)