Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 02:48 PM   #1310
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Holy assumptions...

I assure you that I have zero direct stake in anything steel or aluminum related. I'm in the mortgage industry.

Beyond that none of what you post actually refutes the facts on the ground that key sectors of the economy like manufacturing will be hurt by this. Ultimately the cost will be passed on to the consumer.

MEMA strongly opposes steel aluminum tariffs proposed by Trump Admin

Thou giveth... thou taketh away...
We'll see, we'll see, how the US manufacturing industry gets 'hurt' because Trump imposed tariffs at countries that dump cheap products made overseas. It won't happen.

But let's play: since 1970s when 'free' trade was accelerating, both US jobs and US wages have continuously dropped and dropped and dropped. And you want us to believe that the American worker is NOW going to get hurt because of this.

So you're in the mortgage business, OK. I assumed from what you said you were in some manufacturing capacity and nothing more.

So, that being said... you still ignored the remarks by Fed Chair Powell about the Fed raising interest rates 2-3-4 more times this year. Powell's comments had a big effect on the market drop too. And you should have known that, especially if one is in the mortgage business as you are.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)