Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 12:39 PM   #23
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperson View Post
I have to disagree. The book I recommended "SCIENTIFIC HANDICAPPING" Written in1963 covered most of the handicapping factors that I use today.
Speed
pace
class
form
weight
trainer
jockey
horse's appearance in the paddock and on the track
work outs
trouble
They had examples of how to compute speed figure and pace figures They had par times and parallel time charts way before Andy Beyers and Brohamer. The book was well written and easy to understand and I am sure it they were using their methods prior to 1963 they were winners. Granted we have better speed and pace figures now, but they were way ahead of the game then. I think if you had read this book you would recommend it to any beginning handicapper.
I have to agree with Thaskalos. Most handicapping books can yield a few bits of good information and a lot of misinformation. I think it is essential that a new gambler have a strong understanding of statistics and probability before diving into the data to make betting decisions.
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)