Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 06:23 PM   #32
turninforhome10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenheim
I read and reread your work and the articles at the links and found the XFactor (XF) stuff rather fascinating.
~
Just for the fun of it I took a look at the four stallions, Princequillo, War Admiral, Blue Larkspur and Mahmoud, in the pedigrees of El Padrino and Z Dager. I found a total of 30 incidences in the lineage of El Padrino and 12 incidences in the lineage of Z Dager. Now I'm no pedigree expert, but I do understand that in order to pass on the XF, that stallion must be in a "passing position." If you have the time, put your pedigree eye on those two and tell me what you think. Do either of those two runners possess the XF?

It was fun to get away from the handicapping stuff and take a look at the pedigree stuff. If you have the time take at look at those two and tell me what you think, yea or nea , X or nonX. Now back to the handicappin!

Nothin like the Derby Trail. Lookin' forward to the Risen Star and the Fountain of Youth!
I started putting the 6 generation pedigrees with the x trail built in. With the boys the stallion is discounted and only the dam is looked at. The names that are underlined are x trails in passing position. After looking I stand corrected
Here are the x trails I have so far. When I look at the x factor on the bottom I then look at the 2nd quarter to see if the x factor genes are either inbred, linebred or replicated. So If you look at Alpha say look at his x trail then look at Beranrdini's dam to see how the lines compare. I also look more at building a family tree from the 5th dam and look at how the sire line has crossed on the family itself. I feel that saying such and such a stallion crosses well on this such broodmare line discounts the quality of the family in general. Lets face it and I have been thinking about this, pedigree is only as good as the people taking care of the horse. I think so much of the success of the big three foundation mare sires had a lot to do with nuture. Huge sprawling farms where yearlings built themselves up running with their peers fo equal quality of pedigree. Old timey horsemanship vs hot house yearlings. I digress HAving tried to dowmload the reports the x factor is propiertary to my software and cannot be reproduced but when you go to pedigree query just look at those lines that are pink.
Follow the dam and look for the underlined pedigrees. And you dont have to count occurences if you look at the pedigree analysis. It is broken down by percent inhererit inheritances and the 7m would mean 7th genreation male.
Hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DOSAGE - El Padrino 2009.PDF (23.1 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by turninforhome10; 02-22-2012 at 06:34 PM.
turninforhome10 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)