Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 03:02 PM   #2536
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
Over billions of years - not trillions - the probability of something extraordinary happening becomes more likely. For example, if you flip a coin, the probability of it coming up heads 100 times in a row in a thousand flips is highly unlikely, almost zero. But if you flip the coin 15 billion times it is almost a certainty. If you understood probability, you'd understand that concept.

In The Origin of Species, Charles Darwin wrote: “If it could be demonstrated that any complex organ existed which could not possibly have been formed by numerous, successive, slight modifications, my theory would absolutely break down.” The point, of course is that nobody has been able to demonstrate that any complex organ (including the eye) could not have been formed by small, successive modifications. On the other hand, evolutionists have been able to show how in nature you can find a gamut of complexity for sight, from only being able to distinguish light from dark to the human eye and everything inbetween. The explanation holds up under the greatest scrutiny.

If all you have to refute evolution is, "I've got a book and I don't even need to understand all the science" there is almost no probability that you will ever satisfactorily refute the theory. Again, the building argument is specious, ridiculous and irrelevant. You don't see that because you are incapable of seeing it. Apparently, your eye hasn't quite evolved to that level.
No, your complaint about my building analogy is specious because you compared my analogy to a mountain. But we're not talking about mountains; we're talking about the fine tuning that is observed throughout the entire universe. You must be closely related to the silver-tongued, smooth-talking Slick Willy or even more likely to the crafty serpent who deceived Eve.

Also, your coin-toss fairy tale is totally spurious because implicit in it is the due theory. I certainly would bet against that 15 billion coin tosses because there is no interconnected causality between one toss and other. I would in essence bet that the losing streak continues! Each coin toss is an independent event. Do you bet your ponies using the due theory?
If anything I would ag

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)