Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 03:27 PM   #21
bobphilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
Well Arazi91 thank you for taking the time for explaining why the overall average position of the Placer is so important!

Apparently, you’ve also answered the question as to why my figures that were based on ACTUAL time splits, final time, beaten lengths and track variants were so flawed and misguided. You see, I never considered the fictional concept of the using numbers based on HYPOTHETICAL theories such as “how the race should be run” or where the horses “should finish behind each other”.

Gee, I always thought that analyzing the running and of each race was based on REALITY. Thank goodness I gave all that up!

By all means - Carry on!
Apparently, you don't understand what Arazi means by how a "race should
be run" because you don't seem to understand the Physics of how even pace is most efficient. His "should" is not some unproven opinion but based on the universal laws of Physics and Bioenergetics. Something you would do well to study before misinterpreting someone's post.

Sorry, but you cannot claim you base your analysis on reality when you ignore the reality that track speed can vary tremendously and it behooves the handicapper to try to take this into consideration. Are track variants perfect - no. But you cannot ignore the reality of their existence and call yourself reality based when you "give that all up". Your analysis is only partially based on reality because it ignores another important very real factor.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)