Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 02:24 PM   #23
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG49010
I am not sure how you would attempt to find the statistics, but I am pretty sure that if you reviewed all the horses that achieved a Beyer for lack of another number of say 90 in their maiden debut, that never race again.

I think whatever metric you choose, the faster they run, the more likely they get injured. I think this would apply to Bafford, Lukas, Chad Brown, Zito, you add the name, when it comes to the fastest horses in training it's a tough job.
Personally, I think it has something to do with how quickly you bring them to their peak.

When they come out running extremely fast Beyers (1st couple of starts), they often go backwards quickly, get hurt, or never make it back to the races.

But if they come out just a little faster than PAR and are running those really faster figures a little later, they seem to do better.

Perhaps getting them too sharp via workouts and then running really hard right out of the box does not give them the foundation they need or perhaps the hard workouts themselves are an incremental problem.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)