Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-04-2016, 03:48 PM   #18
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike
OK, a corrolary (sp?) for all the aging ex-athletes on here.

With no practice toss, if you were on a major league pitcher's mound with 60K people in the stands, how sure are you that you could throw a "first pitch" type toss to a major league catcher behind the plate with your foot on the rubber WITHOUT it hitting the dirt or sailing over his head or where he couldn't catch it (doesn't have to be a strike)?

I bet everyone is 100% certain that they could do it, but I bet not more than 50/100 of us could. Just sayin'.
That's a good one. Granted I was more into hockey by a large margin, but always played baseball up until high school and though I was a pretty lousy hitter, I could throw the ball. I could launch a throw and put it right where I wanted from almost anywhere on a (small) field.

I'm horrible now. I throw the ball to the dogs four, five, six times a day and usually use one of those jai-alai looking scoops to make it worth their while. No range, no accuracy, and my elbow chronically feels like it's been riding in the washing machine for hours.

I'd like to think that I could sail a 60 mph floater where I wanted off the mound still, but I'm pretty sure I'd just shatter an ankle or lose my entire arm at the shoulder within nanomilliseconds of it leaving my hand.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)