Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 05:00 PM   #69
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cratos
Let me understand this, the DRF and its predecessor Equibase never published (and still don't) actual race distance run by each horse in the race; yet there is something called a "speedfigure" being determined and it is widely popular throughout the horseracing handicapping community.

To the best of my knowledge speed is the ratio between time and distance and without actual distance you do not have actually speed.

To further complicate matters, Equibase/DRF is giving race time results based on linear measurements.

Therefore from Equibase/DRF where is the actual distance information that is always better?
I tried, read it a few times, but I have no idea what you are trying to say.

All I'm saying is that Trakus is measuring the time and the distance of the run up portion of the race. It is available, but it is not given to the public. Since the tracks hire Trakus, why are they keeping this information private? Why shouldn't I believe some with access are exploiting it for personal gain? I think it is VERY valuable info to have.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement