Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Stephon Clark
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 02:37 PM   #6
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
From the description in the article I would venture a guess if the guy had simply obeyed the police like most normal people do, he'd be alive today.

At night, in the dark, you don't run from the police when they want to talk to you...and you certainly don't run from the police, in the dark, while holding something in your hand that could be interpreted as a ****ING GUN.

I know, I know...if he was white, the cops wouldn't have shot him...their racist tendencies assumed the worst...if the dead guy was white, they would have assumed it was a phone and not a gun...or the racist cops are lying about seeing a phone...blah blah blah more bullshit blah blah blah.

The media will show this 1000x and we will have more riots and more people will get hurt and die...businesses will be burned to the ground.

Not because of racism. Because of some dope who ran from the police, at night, while holding a ****ing cell phone.

No personal responsibility will be talked about on the part of this dead MAN (note, not a kid, a man). GROWN MEN should be a lot ****ing smarter than this. But they're not, apparently. Darwinism in action I suppose.

But the narrative will all be about racism. **** this shit I say.

But you're right. The stupidity has to stop.
The guy certainly carries some blame, but shot at 20 times blame? He was being chased for breaking windows, not anything violent. I just don't see the jump to it being a gun so hastily. I think you really need to be positive before you fire your weapon. As you mentioned later on, it sure looks like they had cover.

Would he have been shot if he were white? We'll never know. I grew up in a mixed race, lower class neighborhood and I know I got breaks not afforded to others because I was white.

Last edited by cj; 03-23-2018 at 02:39 PM.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most