Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020, 04:10 PM   #5
Blenheim
Race Player

Beginning of a brilliant career . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado View Post
Nice. I was high on this horse last year. He checks a lot of the Derby breeding angles I look at. Raise A Native top line and tail female family 1-x, both of which have big impact value. Hopefully he can flash that late turn of foot on display in the Breeders' Futurity. Depressingly few late runners this year.
I agree, good to see him back in the mix. I tried to find the video of his workout, but I didn't have any luck.

~
The best thing that has happened to many a successful horse is to have failed while heavily bet on as a two-year-old in its first or second attempt to break its maiden. The trainer doesn’t like what he sees, or a minor injury is discovered, but the result is the same: the horse is laid off, allowed to grow and mature, and comes back as a three-year-old, often winning first time back. The return to the races of this type of three-year-old often heralds the beginning of a brilliant career that would have been aborted had the horse performed well initially as a two-year-old. Mark Cramer, 2015
~

Maybe Maxfield will be that kind, but there is always the chance he'll get swallowed up by the pace pressure like Dennis' Moment or Coliseum . . . never to be heard from again. Cautiously optimistic and lookin' forward to seein' what he has for em'.

Blenheim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most