Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #7
banacek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz
IMHO, there SHOULD be a slight increase. However, it is no where near 1.5 times from 6f to 9f.
Thanks for the detailed response. I agree it wouldn't be 1.5 times, but it would have to be more than 1.

A stakes horse that does 1:08 for 6 furlongs and 2:00 for a mile and an eighth.

A 10000 claimer might do 1:10 for 6 furlongs, certainly not 2:02 for a mile and an eighth.

Like a 3:45 miler and 9.70 100 meter runner.. Someone who does 3:47 would be world class. Someone who runs 11.70 would only beat me

It just seems illogical to me, especially to have the same difference in a Mile and 3/8 race on the Turf and a 4.5 f race on the dirt- not that I'd use one to project the other.

And Dave, I'm not knocking your pars- a tremendous amount of work must go into them. I plan on still using them, but I think I might massage the numbers a bit with local knowledge. I am just doing my owns pars for a couple of tracks and the difference appears to be there.

Thanks for your response again.
Your little winning streak
banacek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement