Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 03:27 PM   #1
SG4

Why do horses go nuts in GP's stretch?

When it happens once or twice it's an anomaly, but the continuance of horses in Gulfstream's turf races who bolt inside or out when seemingly on their way to victory has got to be a concern. I think back in the day some track (maybe GP?) mentioned horses possibly ducking out when seeing a giant TV screen on the infield when it was either dark or cloudy or twilight was approaching, but there is something else up at GP. What I assume is that due to GP's extremely wide stretch & number of "turf courses" that horses get a little lost out there & maybe those temp rails aren't enough of a guide to keep their mind on business.

Either way more horses at Gulfstream have done this so far this meet than I think I can recall in the last decade in NY & CA combined (feel free to correct me if my memory is lacking on that end though). The last few years had seen a handful of these events as well at GP, but with today's equine fatality & jockey injury, maybe some real attention will be paid to keep this from happening again.
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)