Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-11-2006, 01:38 AM   #30
andicap

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal
energy distribution attributes the running style to horses NOT the positional aspects of the Brohammer version.

To understand it requires a lot of work and is beyond the scope of a definition here without a copy of the software in front of you.
You missed my point. I KNOW all about energy -- I use it every day in my handicapping (tho not in the exact way you do, but energy is energy no matter how many times Sartin dressed it up in new clothing and reinvented it to sell software. You spend too much energy early you poop out in the stretch. You learn to relax early you spread out your energy usage and have more left at the end. Real complicated stuff.)

I KNOW all about Brohamer -- I practically memorized the book -- and positional handicapping. You think I'm going to consider doing this part-time for a living without understanding the basics of running styles and pace? Have you read ANYTHING I've posted in my time here? Further I've written long posts asking energy questions of YOU that show my sophistication on the subject. (Examples on demand.)

Do I know it all? Of course not, especially among very lightly raced horses, which I rarely bet seriously. (For example you have referred to "projected" performance by rapidly improving young horses, an interesting concept I am comfortable with in concept, but not in detail, like how much to project their pace progression.) That's why I have asked many questions about energy of you and Keilan.

But don't treat me paternalistically, like I'm a raw newbie too green to understand the intricacies of energy. And feel welcome to read a series I'm writing about energy on my blog -- part one is up now -- and post critiques, brickbats, etc.

So read my post. I mean actually look at the words. I never asked WHAT was energy, only how much a part of the Metholology as it exists TODAY does energy entail and what are the other factors (such as ADC, which I have rarely confused with AC/DC, BTW) involved in the software Sartinites are using.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)