Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-13-2021, 12:51 AM   #127
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Several years ago I used to spend days making up spot plays. Most weren't very good, but I did find a few gems. I'm not sure if there ever was/is a mechanical spot play that's solidly stand-alone profitable.

I wanted spot plays that would alert to to a situation--unusual running lines, Maiden 2nd Timers, Hidden Pace plays...you get the idea. When these situations came up...the handicapper takes a look, and decides THEN whether a wager is warranted.

With this in mind I came up with a spot play I named EASY MONEY. The goal was to find horses that SHOULD be well-bet. Here's the rub...most of them are well-bet. BUT--not always are they odds-on favorites. I put this play into an obscure program we sell called PONY PICKER. I never uttered a peep about it-but it was working exactly as I had hoped. It turned out to be maybe the best spot play I have. Bid your time and with patience, you'll find a horse that's a good price on the list.

This exact same play I also put into SPEED DEMONS. This was from Gulfstream today:

When I noticed those two 6-1 horses on the list--I bet those two and paid no attention to the 2 favorites (who won anyway without my financial support).

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)