Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 05:23 AM   #15
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
Heya Simon! I had no idea you were in Fla. Here in the part of Ca I live--they shut our power off until almost 6PM. Missed all the Horse Tourneys, betting, the whole enchilada. Just getting online now.

Got to do some reading, anyway. A couple handicapping methods that were fairly useless: "Pro Rated Longshots" and something else I never heard of called "Explosive Horse".

That PRL book...well, whenever a book contains useless lists of trainers, tracks, class ratings...or in this case the author lists every alleged winner, every day, all tracks (I assume)--which takes up at least half the book. This book came out in the early 70's...I can't see how, even 50 years ago--this was a winner.
This could have gone on an eight-page pamphlet, without leaving anything important out.

Anyone ever heard of "Explosive Horse"? It has to do with speed ratings, with some information (I think this info is only the author's theory). You can have all the theories you want, and find past perf's to back it up, if you look long enough. In my opinion, that is exactly what the author did here. If what he says here were true--you and I both would both know something of this method. I checked, since I had nothing but time today...now I can't get this out of my head .

We're still shoring up and fixing a couple glitches on the new program--by this weekend or next-- I hope to be writing up instructions and maybe some examples, etc.

-Or not, depending on how we do and what gets done.
We'll see.

-NCG
Hi Greg! Nice to see you back here!

Is the author of “Explosive Horse” Arthur Stanley? It looks like that book is being sold at Winbetus website for $60.00 if that is the author.

And who is the author of Pro Rated Longshots? Dan Geer?

I also know that Pandy on here wrote a book called “Pace Handicapping Longshots” and that book would be a much better one that PRL lol as I have enjoyed that book very much.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)