Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 03:10 AM   #239
proximity

no limit is not the answer part 2,658,931.......

ok poker fans we're back from atlantic city (although i'll be returning SOON) and our next action finds us stepping onto the red carpet at exciting Hollywood penn national!

we step up to big bet today after swimming with the minnows on the jersey shore.

with AK I raise a limper or two to $10 or $12 and four of us see a flop.

A Q 3.

I bet this flop and get one caller. when another queen comes on the turn I bet again and he shoves all in for about $70 more.

usually i'd say this hand is a fold at pen but I take some time to think about it.

I do end up folding and the villain tables AK for what would've been a chop.

I consult with our friend the lion
(71-16 season, 69-15 pen) who first says fold but then changes to call. so who knows? i guess i was just outplayed. it happens.

i rebound a little when T7 drags a pot from the big blind and look to win another one with AA on the button.

i raise several limpers to $17 here and get one caller. we see a flop of J 8 8 and i bet again. the villain calls and leads out for $45 when a 2 hits the turn.

i shove all in.

he calls with a Q 9 off suit.

river: 10.

i consult with our friend the lion about this hand.

he can't believe it, although this stuff happens almost every single time i play.

the very next night however, the lion raises QQ.

he gets one caller.

he bets an ace high flop.

the villain calls.

the lion bets the turn.

villain calls.

then finally.... on the river.... the villain hits his king to beat the lion with one pair: K 4 off suit.

anyhow, hoping this atlantic city trip goes well and best of luck to everyone here in the pa poker forum!

thank you for reading!

game -180 (1/2 nl)
year -2318 (49-56)
bonus 0 (695)
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)