Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: P Val
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 10:51 AM   #77
dilanesp

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by airford1 View Post
You have no personnel knowledge about Pats back ground and the environment he was raised in, that being said I think you need to slow your hateful roll and stop kicking a man when he's down. Hope you don't ever need a helping hand.
If I had a substance abuse problem, the State Bar would be quite supportive of me. They have excellent programs, such as The Other Bar, to help lawyers kick drugs and alcohol.

But nonetheless, if substance abuse problems caused me to screw up several cases and harm clients, I might still get suspended or even disqualified from practicing law.

You are personalizing this. It isn't a matter of how nice a guy Pat is or what his circumstances are. He happened to choose to work in a profession where animals and betting are involved and there is supposed to be zero tolerance of substance abuse. It is not the only such profession. Would you be making these arguments about an airline pilot with a drug problem?
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)