Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Acacia Courtney
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 05:18 PM   #17
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
I don't see it the same way. Noticing someone that goes out of their way to project project beauty (entering beauty contests, posting bikini clad beach photos on instagram) would be naive to think that sexual beings would not notice, think or comment on the attraction.

Having worked as nurse and spending a good part of my life in the gym as well, I can assure you women are do the same. Yep, been groped more than once on the job. To say I didn't enjoy the attention would be a lie.
I appreciate your response, though I strongly disagree. I do find beauty pageants offensive and I do not like how they objectify women. However, I don't think because someone chooses to participate, they forgo their rights to be treated with respect. By your line of reasoning, anyone that takes care of themselves, and takes time to dress well and make an appealing appearance, is welcoming unwanted attention. I strongly disagree. Everyone has a right to be proud of their appearance without being subjected to unwanted attention. Just as anyone has the right to ask a person out once, they don't have a right to continue to do so when rejected. It is up to all of us to respect people around us.

None of us are perfect, and we can all ( myself included ) improve how we treat others.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)