Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 04:47 PM   #594
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by affirmedny View Post
Winner of the Excelsior at AQU went from 7 to 12-1 during the race....

Winning horses go up in odds after off often. The problem is is you liked the horse at 9 or 10-1 up, you don't get the benefit of collecting that 12-1. This happens to me often. That is why horse racing really sucks now. We get burned when are horse get hammered after off and we don't get to take advantage of the horses that we would have bet that do not become value until after off.

A while back I created a thread where I suggested that we be able to make conditional bets that get fulfilled after the race goes off. If we had that option, someone may have been able to make a conditional bet on the said horse at 10-1+ and been able to collect a nice mutual, instead of being frustrated by the fact that the horse drifted up at a time he could not take advantage of the price.

This aspect of racing is just too damn frustrating and is going to continue to stunt the growth of the sport. Either you give players exchange betting, you make the whales(all rebated bets) bet by 2 minutes to post, you come up with something creative like after off conditional betting, or this sport will continue to suck from a betting standpoint. The main determinant of whether we will win or lose (the actual odds) long term cannot be predicted with any reliability. Even PA has finally figured this out.

But as long as we keep accepting this bs, this bs will continue. We boycott over a 2% takeout increase but we don't boycott over this. Very curious?
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)