Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 11:27 AM   #12
Dick Powell

The Arc is one of the world's great horse races and worth going to. I've been to three of them. Last year, my wife and I did not go to the Arc but went three weeks ahead of time when the weather was much better. By the time the Arc is run, summer is over and many flowers have been cut down. Three weeks earlier was perfect and we lucked out with perfect weather and missing the nation-wide strikes by a few days. Went to Longchamp for the Prix Vermeille card that Sunday. Took an all-day excursion of Chantilly and its chateau and the Grand Stables that was fantastic. Would love to go back some day when they have the French Oaks there. One thing about Longhcamp - it's not the easiest place to bet. Get on line early and try to find a clerk that speaks English. We flew over on Open Skies, a divisionn of British Airways that has round trip business class for $1500. Plus, it lands in Orly which is closer to the center of Paris than Charles de Gaulle aiport.
Dick Powell is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)