Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 05:40 PM   #9
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott Sidewater
What I said before the Preakness (for those of you who didn't see it):

There has been quite a lot of interest in Gasper Moschera, and just today I got my Preakness mailing from him and 4 or 5 other "National Race Masters". One of the interesting things revealed in this color glossy brochure was that although the Masters disagreed on the Derby, they all had Animal Kingdom on top. Impressive.

Here are 10 things you didn't know about Gasper Moschera:

1. the reason he always wears sunglasses is for his own protection. So dazzled is he by own reflection that he fears he'd go blind without them.

2. 70 years ago he picked Whirlaway to win the Triple Crown, and he's only 68 now.

3. He has picked the winner of 73 consecutive Triple Crown races, 39 Breeders cup races, 18 Jockey Club Gold Cups, 14 Travers stakes, 11 Sunshine Millions, 10 Arc De Triomphe's, 8 Temple Gwathmeys, and 4 Soap Box Derbies. He also selected the partridge as the correct bird to sit in the pear tree.

4. He predicted the exact month and day when Todd Pletcher's hair would turn grey.

5. He invented the pick 6 so that he could cash in heavier on his clairvoyance.

6. In his spare time, he is a talented fiction writer.

7. That he is the second most interesting man in the world.

8. He cut a private deal with Saratoga 2 years ago, they are paying his winning wagers off in installments. If he collected everything he was owed in one lump sum, technically he would own Lake George.

9. The words "GAS MAN" are engraved on the inner rail at Aqueduct's inner track, near the half mile pole.

10. He handicapped the entire Derby card (which he swept) while on the john in 9 1/2 minutes, and filled out a winning pick 6 voucher before the toilet was done flushing.

Sorry Gasper, that's what you get for making me feel so dumb 4 times a year. Booyah.

Gasper's latest pre-Belmont mailing talks about his sources, the insiders who blab to him about their dark horses at hardware stores, supermarkets, and maybe GAS stations. The most popular beverage in his neighborhood is not Starbucks coffee, it's TRUTH SERUM. His new Trainer Information Pipeline Service (TIPS) has been up and running at Belmont and produced something like 17 winners in the first 19 days, and 10 of the winners were "on top". How naive I've been for 40 odd years in racing thinking that a winner had to win to be counted. Apparently not, this latest step in the softening of America unveils a new and novel concept "No wager left behind". After a paragraph or so of bashing Shackleford for having the temerity to beat his selection Animal Kingdom in the Preakness, he goes back to the kudos Cordero paid him in the 80's, most of which I've read 4 times per year times the number of years I've been on his mailing list.

I guess I could move, but somehow, some way Gasper would always find me and my mailbox. Just shoot me.
He speaks Russian.......In French...He is the most interesting man in the world....Not only does he drink Dos Equis....He also frequents Holiday Inn Express....
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement