Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-19-2021, 06:57 PM   #8
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
Hard to know without being able to figure out where we will be on vaccines.

I know POTUS said yesterday that we will have enough vaccine to vaccinate everyone by July. If that's the case, and the logistics are implemented for mass vaccinations, you could see a full attendance Saratoga meeting (and other full attendance events in the summer).

On the other hand, if that's over-optimistic, and we are in a summer of social distancing, then it will be similar to the decisions other sports are making, i.e., "how many people do we want to potentially kill in order to have spectators at our events?". You just saw with the Super Bowl that there are folks in the sports-business world who are willing to take quite a lot of risk in that regard. Who knows what NYRA is thinking?
The Super Bowl LV date of play was 2/7. People wanting to be a part of the event started showing up a week before the game. So we are at 3 weeks from the start of people gathering in the Tampa area and two weeks since the game itself was played.
Give it about a week and let's see if there is a spike in cases.
After all, the news media in Florida( I was there on business 5 times between Jan 10th and last week) could talk about is how the Super Bowl was a "super spreader event in the making"...
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement