Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-11-2022, 12:20 PM   #37
Michael

Appreciate the reply / insight.

I landed on White Abarrio as an overlay solely based off of a spreadsheet that I use to handicap. The spreadsheet is more or less just my own home-brew ability figures that highlighted White Abarrio was an overlay at 10/1 when I used timeform. (7/1 when I used beyer speed figures, and a sixth-man / non-contender using brisnet)

Then, I listened to Andy Beyer speak with Jay Privman on their annual drf webcast. He liked White Abarrio and toed the same line as you when speaking in regards to figure making on the day of the Wood Memorial. That his guy had a difficult time sussing out a track variant. I recall you saying that you were happy with the slightly higher figure that you gave Mo Donegal as compared to Beyer.

Beyer mentioned that he believed his own figures were selling White Abarrio short and that he likely ran a better race than his figures supported.

Anyway, I listen to your podcast twice a week and know you weren't hot on the the Florida preps. Just figured I'd ask how you felt after the fact of the race being ran. Thanks again
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement