Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-08-2022, 02:47 PM   #34
Michael

Hey CJ,

Just finished my personal post-mortem review of the derby. Kind of wondering as a figure maker... what your thoughts are in regards to any of the preps and the figures that you gave them. Are you happy with all of the figs? did you over / under estimate any track variants? I ask mainly bc I used 3 different figs for this derby and certain horses came up when I used time form and beyers that I didn't land on when I used brisnet.

Specifically I had White Abbario as a contender for both timeform and DRF. Then, I eliminated mo-donegal when I used beyers, but really liked mo-donegal with timeform and brisnet. Just found it strange that Zandon had a 103 bris and a 111 bris for Mo Donegal. Obviously I'm asking out of respect for your hard work and not questioning your talent. (atm I think timeform is the best figs on the market)

What planted the seed in my mind to ask you... was Andy Beyer picked White Abarrio. (If I just used Beyers & timeform I had him as an overlay.)

i think the races or figs in question would be for the wood, any of the gulf stream park figs and I guess the bluegrass.

Ultimately I ended up keying off of Mo Donegal and I think I'm happy with my pick and my play.

You don't have to answer here.. but, thought it's a good topic for the podcast with David. I found the figs interesting for these preps.

Edit: and thank you btw for posting these derby updates in this thread every year.. Makes it fun to follow along.

Last edited by Michael; 05-08-2022 at 02:48 PM.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement