Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Climate Change
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 01:25 AM   #716
incoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
It's going to be hard for an ocean to affect me. I made a good move by going to a place with 14,000 foot mountains between me and the Pacific.

Nobody was taking away your light bulbs. There were states like Nevada that mandated CFL's or LED's for some purpose other than to screw people, but not every state went that way (I'll bet NY did).

We now have bulbs that last a long time. I've lived in my current house 13 years and there are some bulbs I've never had to change. Yeah, I saved a wagon-full of money not having to replace bulbs. Plus they're getting cheaper all the time.

Other countries are hopping on board the GW train, not because we want them to, but because they are tired of living in places that look like Pittsburgh in the 40's. I'm sensitive to this because at some time in my life I breathed something or ate something or drank something that caused a gene to mutate and give me a rare form of leukemia, which I'm still fighting. You have to balance environmental quality with cost, but at the end of the day something that will mess you up internally is worth whatever we spend getting rid of it.

Yes the planet changes, but it changes as a result of some internal or external force. Volcanoes, the tilt of the axis, meteors - something stimulates the change. You've got to grasp the fact that the correlation between CO2 emissions and warming make a pretty good case for anthropogenic change. We do what we're willing to do and if that isn't enough we look for other things to do.

Of course we can change CO2 emissions. It might hurt, but it can be done with current technology. We're incredibly close to 24/7 utility-scale solar power. I've been to place like Nellis AFB in Las Vegas where half their electricity comes from solar panels. The Colonel I spoke with figured the savings in electricity cost was money that can go into defense. We're close to batteries that will store hours of wind generated electricity. That's the decision the Congress needs to make sooner rather than later.
I don't think you can solve earth's problems with money or micro management. I think you have to do what mankind has always done.....move. I think President Trump has already floated the right idea to solve the problem.....SPACE FORCE.

This is an old idea that will be washed and rinsed. Hopefully, this time it will not become a political football. Just one more reason for term limits. Lifelong politicians always have their pet s**tholes.
incoming is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)