Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Climate Change
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 01:27 PM   #706
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
Well, I'd say if a major league pitcher can throw a devastating curve ball, it isn't important for him to know any of the physics about why the ball curves.

In other terms, about anybody with a bit of science background can read scientific papers and determine if the conclusions are worth buying.

Decision-makers are not going to do anything to deal with the problem unless they first acknowledge the problem. Many of the anti-climate change people worry that fixing the CO2 problem will hurt industries and jobs. Certainly the word taxes is anathema to the right, so the idea of a carbon tax doesn't sound great.

The problem, if it is going to be solved, is going to be solved by younger generations who don't want to live in the miserable place their parents and grandparents left them.
You are postulating climate deniers "with a bit of science background can read scientific papers and determine if the conclusions are worth buying"

True if their political preconceptions do not interfere with objectivity. Notice how often I am accused of being a "lying liberal" for posting scientific articles and papers.

I have been one of the few supporting the scientific consensus on the dozen or so threads we have had on off topic since 2003.

In fact I would say the crazy conspiracy theories on off topic started with the AGW threads
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)