Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 06:38 PM   #15
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
Anymore, I do not know what to think. I do not believe that there is past posting going on. But instances like this, and many others always make me think twice. 40% of the pool being put into the pools in the last seconds is standard for Gulfstream, Santa Anita, Aqueduct, and now Keeneland. It also does not seem to matter the size of the pool. If there is $100,000 dollars in the pool when they are loading, $40,000 is bet after that. If there is $200,000 in the pool, $80,000 is bet late. I think that along with the amount being wagered late, there is also money that was wagered early, and canceled. The odds up to post time is a dog and pony show. You are seeing what others want you to see.
The accuracy of the late money is too accurate. There is no way this money is being wagered with out information that is not public. We are playing against the people who own and train these animals. They might not be exactly who is wagering the money, but the horsemen are receiving some of it. Follow the wagering pattern of the horses trained by Pletcher, Fawlks, Rodriguez, Baffert. Did you see how Justify was bet yesterday. He was going up against one of the top 5 3 year olds out there, but opened at 1-5, and the money kept coming. You can not tell me, know matter how good the horse looked on paper, that the wagering should have been that lopsided.

You might not have seen these, from Tampa. Yes, they had a "tote delay", but the tote delay did not stop the winner from going from 7-2 to 5-2 after the gates opened.
Justify was a lead pipe cinch to win that race. That's a poor example to use.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)