Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 11:01 AM   #51
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
ROI is such a small slice of Serling's job.

He could have a $1.50 ROI, or a $0.50 ROI, and it wouldn't have any noticeable impact on the quality of his show.

True, because no one in their right mind is going to bet every race anyway.

The strength of the analysis is the information it may provide. When I was doing the on air cable show for Yonkers, harness racing, one night a horse shipped in from the Meadowlands and was 3/5. But I had seen the horse race at the Meadowlands and it had a poor gait, which meant that it may not be able to handle the half mile track, which has tighter turns. Plus the horse didn't have a good half mile track pedigree, all of which I reported to the on track and tv audience. I said, this horse may break stride. The horse broke and finished last, and I gave out the winner as my second pick, can't remember what it paid but it was a good payoff. After the race two different people who won money on the race came up to me and thanked me. I didn't actually pick the winner. I think the horse that won was my second choice, but my analysis was spot on, and that's what you want out of an on air handicapper, or any professional handicapper.

Last edited by pandy; 12-12-2016 at 11:02 AM.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)