Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 12:42 AM   #19
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy
Andy is very good. But a public handicapper can be valuable to different types of players, in different ways. I've been doing this for a long time and I've had this type of correspondence many times over the years:

horseplayer: Pandy, great day yesterday, thanks!

I'm thinking to myself, great day? I lost $100. I go back over my picks and see that both of my Best Bets lost and I had three winners on top that were all favorites. I email the guy back. What did you hit?

horseplayer: I look over your picks and play the overlays. In the 2nd your third choice won and paid $30 and your second choice ran second. I keyed it on top of your other three picks and hit the trifecta for $800, and I hit the exacta for $110. The in the 8th, your second choice won and paid $19 and your third pick came in second, I hit the exacta for $88. Great day.

You get the idea. I've had people tell me they hit a big Pick 4 and I played the Pick 4 and lost, but I only used the top two, where as they used the top three.

I guess there's more than one way to skin a cat, but my point is, a good horse player, who knows how to bet, will do better with Andy's picks, or any good handicapper's picks, than someone who isn't a good horseplayer, and, he may even do better than the guy who made the picks.
The other day, Andy made a point about a horse i had planned on singling in my pick 5, as soon as he said it i knew he was right and immediately altered my wager which saved me money. I can't even tell you who he picked in the race, but his information was as good as a winning pick as far as i was concerned. I already have my own handicapping done, so if i listen to anyone comment on the races im about to play, i just use their comments as a supplement vs an end all/be all. To me, this piece of information was essentially adding to some mythical ROI, comments aren't tracked by ROI but they can be just as valuable, they can be turned into cold, hard cash even there's really no way to track them and place an actual ROI number onto them.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)