Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-03-2016, 12:11 PM   #23
2low

Speaking of my 2,000 bet test, as I expected, this is off to a very slow start in terms of wagering activity. When I added my last factor, the first impact was to drive my sample size down to a point where I simply don't have enough races booked to bet at most track/surface/distance combinations. Plus, established tracks are closing up shop for the winter while new winter tracks are coming on line. It takes time to log the races necessary to identify wagering opportunities.

One reason it takes a while is that I toss out the biggest winner in each bucket, and consider it a loser. Then, with the rest I need to see a minimum net profit excluding the tossed winner. My hope is that this will cut down on the number of wagers I make on false positive opportunities.

Had I not tossed the largest winners, I would have probably 4x or 5x the number of bets available. However, if they are real opportunities, they will eventually catch up without the biggest winners.

Last edited by 2low; 12-03-2016 at 12:15 PM.
2low is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)