Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-03-2016, 11:53 AM   #22
2low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosonfirst
2low, How large were your test bets around the 375 mark? You went from roughly -$30,000 to a plus 70,000 in a few or even one bet. That's a huge swing. The thing to consider if you're live, would you have the stomach to continue when you're 40,000 DOWN? With a half mil, or one mil bankroll, it probably wouldn't bother you. I thought you said these were flat bets or pct. of bankroll, but those wild swings look like some form of increasing bet size.
These were all $2 bets. I went from down $30 to up about $70. Most of it was one horse that paid a total of about $95 for a $2 WPS bet.

Stomach won't be a problem if this succeeds and I am able to build. If I am good at anything, it is thinking about money properly with regards to gambling. It isn't money to me while in the bankroll, it is betting units. A semi-pro poker career has taught me plenty about that. You simply can't be good at poker if you think about how much money you have to call instead of how many betting units you have to call relative to the pot and stacks. Being properly bankrolled allows proper thinking and proper action. It can't be different in horse racing.

I've got my new chart set up to track betting units instead of dollars, so I'll be comparing apples to apples if I am able to increase bet size during my 2,000 bet test.

Last edited by 2low; 12-03-2016 at 11:56 AM.
2low is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)