Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 01:11 PM   #52
LottaKash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardus
I stated that it is knowable. It's not farfetched for an intelligent, aware person to follow a horse by the jockey silks.

If you are neither intelligent nor aware, that is a YOU problem, not a ME problem, as Colin Cowherd says.

This is not rocket science, though you think it is.
Cardus, do you know how many stables that there are ?....And each one of them has it's "OWN COLORS", and they give them to the Jock when he rides for them that day....

So, how in the heck can we keep track of all of those silly colors ?.

You can do this ?....Good for you then, we mere mortals probably can't do all of this memorizing ?

Sure, thru the years I would be familiar with a few of the colors of some of the big name stables, but not very many tho....

I am glad that some of you can do all this memorization....

So yeah, having correct post-position colors on the saddlecloth is important to me...Pink sucks anyway..heehee..

============================

In Harness Racing, there isn't this type of problem... Every single driver gets "his own" colors, so no matter where he races, or at what track, or what race he is in, I can identify him by his colors...This way, I know exactly where my horse is at all times, while watching any race....So much easier than this traditional crap of the owner's colors, and not a jockey's own individual colors...I wish they would change that....They never will, I know... haha...

best,

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most