Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 07:31 PM   #19
Denny
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
I am on the side of 10% takeout. What is your plan to make it happen? And more importantly what are you doing to make it happen?
I do what I can. I write endlessly on the problems that exist in this "sport" of horse racing, making observations and providing remedies. Complaining a lot.

Little of what I say is taken seriously by the powers that be.

I have no power. If i was Frank S, there's plenty i would do.

I'd take the industry lead and just do it. Whatever is needed. The horsemen don't like me lowering takeout? Screw them, i'd drop it anyway. i'm a multi-billionaire and what do i care if some of them leave. The ones who stay would reap the rewards of a boom in business from horseplayers increased betting - like they've never seen before.

I wouldn't be so big on the class of the races either. It's already been shown by what's going on with handle at Gulfstream that people will bet if fields are big enough and the races competitive.
Sure we can have a big day once in a while, like Pegasus for the big shots.

Horseplayers would bet my track, not the tracks with high takeout.
It might take a few years, but, how many year's do I have left anyway (if i'm Frankie).

If I could, i'd do something for the horses. I'd stop the drugs. Again the heck with the horsemen. Run clean or don't run at all.

There's a start.

PS.
Did you know i suggested parlays and round-robbins a couple of years ago at HRI.
Or that I suggested NYRA put back in the second turf course - something I wrote about a couple of years ago.

Maybe somebody does read what i say, after all.

Last edited by Denny; 02-12-2018 at 07:40 PM. Reason: some spelling and an extra line
Denny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)