Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Hal's Hope
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 10:02 PM   #37
SG4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Most accomplished horse in the race...best speed figures...top trainer/jockey connections...steady works...great trainer layoff percentage...worthwhile purse...and yet the horse goes off at DOUBLE the odds of any other other race of its past performances. And it looked like a loser even before the fatal breakdown.

A game of "inside information", to be sure.
Sorry for the redboarding here, but I'm very surprised at what the thoughts were on Send it In coming into this race. I thought he'd actually end up near 8-1 and in my bets I didn't give him a thought, until I saw how "low" his odds were to me & figured I'd throw him in some exotics because it looked like he was taking a lot of potentially smart money. Thought this was a clear prep, he's done his best work over 2 turns, and coming off a long layoff & such a big performance it'd be tough to approach such an outlier like that.

It's a very unfair comment to suggest "they" knew there was something wrong with this horse, especially wrong enough to put the horse & jockeys in danger like that. It's awful what the end result was, and always a red-flag raiser when after extended injury rehab, but sometimes s*** just happens.

For the record, I played Malagacy over Tower of Texas in this race so I didn't have any genius opinions on the front end either.
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)