Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 10:03 PM   #20
Mad Scientist
Delusional, compulsive liar and all around giant sack of shit

I think when you have horses that really just needs the race and the jockey rides them like it's a workout rather than a race that it's up to the bettors to be able to see what the situation is when doing their handicapping and bet accordingly. I don't blame the trainer or the jockey. If the horse needs a race than he needs a race .

How many times have you seen a route horse come back from a long layoff in a sprint and the horse gets hammered at the windows because maybe he has a class or speed figure edge even though it's obviously only a tighter for route races down the road. Figuring stuff like that out us part of what I like the most about horse racing.

Now if the jockey us "stiffing" the horse that's a whole different story, and by stiffing I mean holding a horse back from running his best race in order to either manipulate the outcome of that particular race or so that a bet a bigger odds can be cashed on the horse later down the road.

I don't think it really happens much at all where a jockey is going to try to fix a race, because the punishment for doing that is so severe. Their career would be over and they most likely would go to prison, but I do think the holding of a horse back to get better odds in a future race probably does happen occasionally.
Mad Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)