Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 08:35 AM   #155
onefast99

Have you ever randomly asked people there is they would drive to make a sports wager? Next time I'm there I'm going to do that people call me a "character" a nickname I actually like. Monmouth is so far out of the way (especially if you don't know the shortcut) I really can't see it being successful. The Meadowlands has a better chance because it's off route 3 and the turnpike a guy coming home fron work who doesn't have a bookie might consider it.

I would bet that once the SW is approved and operating William Hill would like nothing more than the phone bets to be a huge part of the action. Until it is up and runnng smoothly the old school betting style will be in affect, walk up to the track make a sports wager pay the piper get your ticket and enjoy the game! You bring up MP vs the Meadowlands, there really isn't any love at all between the current individuals running each venue, in fact Jeff Gural has to approve the sites for the new OTW's and they go through his real estate company, that is a big problem in itself. There is a letter that was sent to Mr Gural it is avaialble on the MP website under horseman, you can read how the two groups waste a lot of time bickering instead of expanding the product to new markets. I sent your passes out, enjoy the races. MP is still a great place to visit and its charm will never be diminished.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)