Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 11:31 PM   #27
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
This election really should NOT be close, as GT stated. There is no way Obama should win, let alone win big. That's why these overseas betting lines have shocked me all along. I just could not wrap my head around it.

You have an economy that is still shit. You can spin it anyway you'd like, blame it on the past, but it's still shit. That never favors an incumbent.

Plus, you have a President in Obama who beat McCain/Palin/Bush last time out. It was almost a gimme.

Obama won because of who he was facing and because he promised and talked about a lot of feel-good stuff. Hope and change. People bought into that nonsense.

Now they see he has brought neither hope, nor change, and essentially, has continued many of the prior administrations policies. He has even failed to come through on many of the SPECIFIC promises he made during the campaign (like Gitmo).

So why should he be reelected? He has pissed off his base by being more to the right then they expected, and he has pissed off the independents by bringing neither hope nor change.
Thanks for the insight. I think I'll change my mind and vote for the man who can't be swayed.

I think things are improving. Sue me.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)