Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 05:07 PM   #27
Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I don't doubt that HK has a great racing product, but it's really hard to teach an old dog new tricks. Most of us already have our favorite tracks where we know the horses, trainers, riders, typical biases, class pecking order and how to read the PPs and charts we use etc.. Some have databases or computer programs that assist with their handicapping. Playing HK would be close to starting from scratch and learning a new game. That's a big ask. If HK does a great job, you would hope the US learns from them and makes the game here better rather than trying to convince the players here to switch. Ultimately though things like that may happen if they don't think far enough ahead.
When you say “most of us” it sounds like you’re describing the indoctrination of the majority of players on this forum.
In all likelihood that indoctrination also includes all the various handicapping methodologies that everyone is using so successfully.

However, I believe anyone with a basic understanding of the game (no matter how they attack it) would have very little problem transferring their experience to another racing jurisdiction. In fact, once they discover all of the obvious attributes in terms of information provided by the HK Jockey Club they’re going to wonder what the hell they’ve been missing all these years! Then, they can also reflect on the multitude of threads posted on PA and elsewhere on ALL the vital short-comings of Stateside racing any why the decline has become so obvious.

Many of these threads have delivered some very practical and common-sense approaches to solving many of these issues. Unfortunately, due to the splintering of the race regulating bodies here in the States and because of their greed and mismanagement, ALL of the well intentioned posted opinions made are I’m sorry to say reaching DEAF EARS.
I believe they’re going to squeeze as much as they can out of this local game until its completely defunct.
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)