Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-08-2018, 12:51 PM   #109
Robert Fischer
clean money

To me Firenze Fire looked like the kid who is big entering high school sports and never gets much bigger.

He also started to flatten-out on a consistent basis.

I wrote him off even as a contender. Yes... I know some people love the '1-turn' angle. I try to really be selective with that angle, because players are quick to use it to rationalize opinions.

There are possibilities that it was legit.

Maybe FF had injuries/issues that were hampering him for several races? Yesterday he was finally healthy?

And maybe the huge late odds drop was due to a lucky bet? Maybe their computer program falsely had FF as the top horse, and they were wrong, but happened to luck-into this horse that was finally healthy after being hampered for several races?

It's possible, but that sounds like bullshit. You have a barn where (before FF's Dwyer) horses are suddenly improving dramatically, and then the horse has bad enough form to be 5/1 or 6/1 or whatever... Maybe a fringe contender in the Dwyer if you go for the 1-turn angle thing... and suddenly he drops to 5/2 at the break and runs like he's the Top 3YO.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)