Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 06:09 AM   #1
andymays
Veteran

Can Stronach be convinced to try a third synthetic surface at Santa Anita?

http://www.insidesocal.com/horseraci...nced-to-t.html

Excerpt:

Even though Stronach told me in an exclusive interview on the eve of his scheduled Southland arrival tonight that he won't install a third synthetic at Santa Anita, one Southern California racing official familiar with the goings on at Santa Anita, Hollywood Park and Del Mar is convinced the pro-synthetic folks are trying to persuade Stronach to continue to support synthetics.

"It's game on ... (pro-synthetic officials) are pressing as hard as they can for synthetics," said the official, who requested anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the topic and the fact a final decision has not been announced. "They are doing everything they possibly can to lobby Frank to go (synthetics), that (Santa Anita) needs to stay the course here. And I know one of the (arguing points) is the cost.

"It will be a miracle if (Santa Anita) gets back to dirt. They're all in to keep it synthetic."

However, Stronach sounded a very different tone on Thursday.

"The synthetic surface, the way they are, I've never liked them," he said.
He went on to say he is considering a sandy, dirt surface that includes a small amount of fiber but is basically a natural track that is "very safe."
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)