Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 11:56 AM   #108
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
I wouldn't expect Muellers report to show ANY bias towards Trump. Hell, after all, he was not put in place to be Unbiased! He was put in place to FIND a crime!
I want you to look back and read your post. The quoted is the only topical thing in it.

The Report is the report. Everything in there is sourced. I find it interesting that everyone wants to take Barr's letter as gospel while ignoring the report it's based off of.

I don't necessarily fault Barr and can accept most of what he says. But I also know he is a political operative to be put in place and do a job. Its politics and I understand the game.

But if you actually read the report and what is in it there is a big difference between Barr's summarization and what's actually in it.

For Instance:

Barr made the decision that Obstruction didn't occur using the following logic: Since there was no underlying crime, in this case conspiracy (we need to stop using collusion because that happened), the President was just using his powers of the office. There was essentially nothing to "obstruct."

That's a pretty rational argument to the layperson and even though I think its a pretty crazy standard that would only be afforded to the President it is a legitimate argument.

Mueller however did not use that logic in making his "non-decision." His was essentially that the President attempted to Obstruct but on the whole was largely ineffective due to the actions or lack of actions of others. He rejected Barr's reasoning. Because of that Mueller cited that a body exists to enforce any criminality and leaves it up to others (Congress) to decide.

Regardless of anything else its a matter of interpretation based on the facts presented. You and others here however have demonstrated no interest in the facts and are merely trying to shout over the opposition as if its a winning or even sensible argument.

Remember when American Pharaoh was entering the Belmont and everyone was still really questioning his ability to handle 1 1/2? That if anything was going to undo his bid it was going to be the distance?

Then we all watched the race... we saw those internal fractions... and we became convinced that not only could he get the 1 1/2 but he may actually be ****ing invincible going that distance...

The Report in this case is the Belmont... read the damn thing.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 04-19-2019 at 11:59 AM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most