Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-08-2024, 08:10 AM   #5
maddog42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Trainer Doug Watson:

"It's not easy to come back in two weeks and run quite like he did there—real nice time and to do it so nicely and easily in the end.

We'll see what they want to do. There's a third leg obviously on Super Saturday. But if they want to go straight to World Cup, I'm happy with that." (BH)

"Connections opting to skip the Al Maktoum Classic; still training up to the DWC. (HRN-Drew)

Fun fact:

He has an apt name.

Kabir in Arabic means great.

Khan in Islam means ruler.

Kabirkhan equals Great Ruler. (HRN-Pebbles)
While I am certainly a fan of this horse and his sire, I'm a little concerned with his lack of experience. I was also a little concerned with the track he ran on with standing water and a seeming lack of crowd and atmosphere that he is likely to encounter. I have also never seen an automatic qualifier for one of the richest races in the world ran over such a "bush" track. I wish the horse luck and will be rooting for him.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)