Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-02-2023, 07:11 AM   #2150
SBD400

A couple of controversial DQ decisions in last two days at Belmont. Posting them together as they highlight lack of consistency in how they deal with these incidents.

https://www.nyra.com/belmont/racing/replays

Monday 5th race, #6 grey horse Collaboration comes out a bit, looks like the 11 Im Just Kiddin comes in a little too, they bump, 11 doesn't lose any ground, they battle on and Collaboration extends lead at wire. The stewards look at this for about 10 minutes and take down the 6. To me its minor bumping, horses don't run exact straight lines, both moved on each other and it didn't impact the finish.

Yesterdays 4th race, the 3 Dreampoint (red and white cap) first comes out a couple of paths (no contact), then comes out a couple of more paths (no contact), comes out a couple of more paths and cuts off the 2 Captains Party who has to go even wider and is thrown sideways a bit and off stride. No stewards inquiry but a jockey objection. They watch the replay a handful of times, no DQ. To me, Captains Party wasn't going to win anyway. How is there not even a stewards inquiry at the least??

Based on these two, if one of these is a DQ, they both need to be a DQ. Or neither needs to be DQ. Personally I think the 1st shouldn't be a DQ, it was incidental contact that didn't impact outcome. The 2nd was more egregious, a horse coming out 4 or 5 paths and cutting off another horse who has to alter stride like that should be a DQ. If that is not a DQ, what is?

Yes, I had the bad luck of coming out on the losing side of these. The first one burns me more, with the 2nd one I thought OK here is where it evens out, but it just added more salt to Monday's wound.

NY stewards all over the map with their rulings, I see Irad do unneccesary reckless things, not a word or he gets a well timed winter vacation, oopps, I mean suspension , but Dylan Davis comes out ever so slightly, DQ.
SBD400 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)