Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Gotham
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 01:06 AM   #28
Blenheim
Race Player

It'll be interesting to see if Hansen has the right stuff. If he is what they think he is they likely would have kept him in Florida. The fact they are shipping him out to race in softer company may indicate they have their doubts. I've seen that Breeders Cup ruin a few horses . . . Guess we'll see.
~
I thought the most important factor in handicapping this race is whether or not the shippers can adjust to the inner surface at AQ. I thought the shippers might have a marginal edge in class and a few show an edge in condition, but I thought any edge in class or condition would be nullified by the uncertainty of their ability to adjust to the new surface.

I took another pass over the past performances and I think the one to look out for may be the Dutrow horse. He shows a winning race over a good surface at a mile, comes back to win the Winkfield in a drop in distance and gets a break w/five solid works on the surface. Looks to me like Tricky Dick has him set to go out front and run off with this one, maybe earn his ticket to the Big Dance. The speed bias for the meet is 67%,for the week is 75%, the slop will only help.

I will revise my picks:

/

Best of racin' luck.

Nothin' like the Derby Trail. Lookin' forward to the Gotham.

Last edited by Blenheim; 03-03-2012 at 01:14 AM.
Blenheim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)