Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-06-2021, 01:34 PM   #17
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I believe the warrant was issued on the 27th of December. If they drew for riders prior than that I could understand. Attempted murder ( drive by shooting) and possession of Class 1 drugs are serious charges.

Employers doing background checks was my point. Something racetracks should to to protect the public. Singled out Sam Houston because this affected them. But all tracks ( i believe) do not do background checks.

And as a bettor or owner or another jockey, would you want a someone on meth on the track. I doubt they drug test jocks unless they have a past history. Even than it is sporadic. Unlike a blow test for alcohol.

The attempted murder charge is of course alleged. If the track believes he was involved in the drive by shooting, possession of illegal Class 1 drugs and firearm they can ask him to clear the charges before allowing him to ride. If they feel he is innocent of all alleged charges because of circumstances we are not privy to, let him ride.

Point being due diligence needs to be done.
Isn't the due diligence part of getting a license to ride, train, own, etc? Also, warrants get issued all the time without people knowing it, even the person named on it. I think it probably a bit much to think tracks need to constantly check if someone has an outstanding arrest warrant.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)