Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-01-2016, 01:44 PM   #60
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTM Al
No he didn't. He was in the right place at the right time. A change in Federal Reserve policy that shifted emphasis from stabilizing interest rates to stabilizing inflation had way more to do with that than any president or legislative member. Legislators can not act quickly enough to hit at causes of economic downturns. Their posturing comes well after the fact of the event and the beginnings of its correction.
Nice spin. Maybe HE had help from the kgb, too

Being a young adult at the time, I can't help but think of carter's dismal speeches and overall outlook vs Reagan's positive outlook. Employers pick up on it, the populace did too. After he was elected the whole black cloud seemed to lift

And I voted for carter, btw.

Edit to add... By "employers" I should have mentioned the tone of the outlook here, locally. People here actually had hope, real hope, that things would get better. Business leaders were very optimistic at the time as was my then employer (Texas Instruments)

Last edited by ElKabong; 11-01-2016 at 01:47 PM.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most